Monday, February 5, 2007

Week 7, #16 and 17

For week 7, we are instructed to look at and learn about wikis. Wikis are webpages filled with information that can be edited by anyone, registered or unregistered to the site. One of the library wikis that I explored was the SJCPL Subject Guides. I thought it was like an online catalog for the library but with more of an interactive feel. It was familiar like a search engine or a search site but it was for a library. Another library wiki I found interesting was the Library Success wiki. This wiki features several articles and reference sites grouped according to specific categories. I thought this could be useful because the site narrows down the problem and offers advice.

For #17, we had to add an entry to the SJLibrary Learning 2.0 SandBox wiki. I added this blogsite to the Favorite Blogs page on the wiki. I thought this was a really fun site simply because it was created mainly for play. I think wikis can be useful for work at the library because we can use it to update information about certain events for library or city employees. Also, we can use it to find out more information about employees and discover personality traits.

No comments: