Saturday, January 27, 2007

Week 5, #10, 11, and 12.

For exercise #10, we had to explore an image generator and post about one that we liked. My favirote one to use was fd's Flickr Toys. I used the Warholizer because Andy Warhol is one of favorite artists. I think he is a pop art icon <3.>
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is the original photo. This is my "brudder" and I.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And this is what the "warholizer" did to it. I think it looks awesome =).


You can find this image generator and more at BigHugeLabs

For exercise #11, we had to explore one of the sites listed on the Wed 2.0 Awards winners list. The site that I chose to explore was Facebook.com. This site is like myspace.com except for college students and alumni. I think they recently expanded it so that other people from other networks can join also. I liked this website because you can find your classmates and old friends and continue to keep in touch. Also, you can post pictures into the photo albums on your personal facebook webpage. I thought it was nice to have an online community dedicated mainly to students because it makes it easier to relate to them. The only thing I didn't like about the site was that the expansion allowed younger kids, such as high school and middle school kids, to sign up for an account, which pretty much takes away the initial purpose of having an online site for college students. Here's a tag to my facebook webpage =).
Annie Luc's Facebook profile
Oh, another good thing about Facebook is that you can make a group and people with similar interests can join. For example, we can make a library group and people that work in the library or have worked in the library can join. It's an easier way to keep in touch with old coworkers in case you transfer branches.


The last exercise for this week is exercise #12. This exercised asked us to explore Rollyo. This site allows people to search only on certain websites that they choose. I do a lot of online shopping so I decided to create a search roll for the websites I usually visit. Here is the link to my searchroll. I think this tool can come in handy because you can specify searches even more and get more accurate results.

'Kay, that's all for this week. Byee. :D

2 comments:

Virtual Services Team said...

Good job with the search tool - I liked your choices! I like your Warholized photo, too. Did you do any of the Flickr mashups from week 3? Let us know what you thought of those.

Keep up the good work and keep having fun.

Nice Guy said...

Try other types of image generators on
www.CustomSignGenerator.com